Preddy thanking President Ronald Regan for his support of the U.S. troops. (left)
Preddy meeting President Jimmy Carter and First Lady Roslyn Carter during her time
at the Habitat for Humanity International headquarters. (right)
Born in Detroit, Michigan, Ms. Preddy, formerly Rose Marie Karadsheh, graduated from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and received a BA in Near Eastern Studies and Journalism.
She is also a graduate of the Institute on Political Journalism at Georgetown University in Washington D.C. after which she managed the State Senate campaign of the late Douglas Carl in Michigan. After the successful campaign, she worked at Habitat for Humanity International in Americus, Georgia.
She received her JD from Temple University School of Law in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. While in law school, Ms. Preddy interned for the Honorable Richard F. Suhrheinrich of United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the Estate and Gift Tax Division of the Internal Revenue Service.
As a member of the Michigan Bar, Rose Marie K. Preddy, began legal practice in Birmingham, Michigan, with the firm of MacDonald and Goren, P.A., after graduation from law school. Areas of practice included sophisticated estate and tax planning including, marital and credit shelter trusts, family limited partnership, private charitable foundations and trusts, planning for business succession, and off-shore planning. Ms. Preddy secondarily practiced in the area of commercial litigation in both state and federal trial and appellate courts.
As a member of the Florida Bar, Ms. Preddy moved to Jacksonville, Florida and joined the firm of Anderson & Stevens, P.A. The scope of practice was primarily in federal and estate tax planning and controversies for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates and trusts. This included the planning and preparation of wills, trusts and other estate plan documents. Further areas included estate administration, before and after death, and guardianships. Ms. Preddy further practiced in estate, business and guardianship litigation in both state and federal courts.
Since founding the Law Office of Rose Marie K. Preddy, P.A. in 2000, Ms. Preddy has limited the scope of her law practice to probate and guardianship, estate, tax, charitable, business succession planning, and Medicaid planning. Matters beyond the scope of practice, such as personal injury or wrongful death matters will be referred to distinguished attorneys who specialize in those areas.
- State Bar of Florida
- State Bar of Michigan
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Chair of Jacksonville Bar Association Trust and Probate Section, 2004-2007
- Chair of Jacksonville Bar Association Lawyer Variety Show Committee, 2008-2009
- Chair of Jacksonville Bar Association Holiday Project, 2010 to present
- Member of State Bar of Florida and Jacksonville Bar Association’s Real Property and Probate, Tax and Elder Law committees
- The Estate Planning Counsel of Northeast Florida
- President of Christian Legal Society of Jacksonville, 2003
- Board Member of Christian Legal Society of Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Women Lawyer’s Association
- Board Member for the Rotary Club of Mandarin
- Junior Achievement Instructor for Loretto elementary school in Jacksonville, Florida
- St. John the Divine Greek Orthodox Church Sunday School teacher
Courts and Tribunals
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Supreme Court of Florida
- Supreme Court of Michigan
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- “A-V” Rated Attorney from Martindale-Hubbell
- Named as “Legal Elite” from Florida Trend Magazine 2011.
- Recipient of the Jacksonville Area Legal Aid Association’s “President’s Award” 2008.
- Recipient of the Florida Supreme Court Pro Bono Service Award in 2005.
- Recognized for pro bono service by Jacksonville Area Legal Aid Association in 2004.
- Authored Law Review article since referenced in numerous publications entitled, “Creating an International Criminal Court: Confronting the Conflicting Criminal Procedures of Iran and the United States,” 14 Dickinson Journal of International Law 212.
- So They Think They Can Dance? Written by Erin Korsmo, Jacksonville Magazine’s 904
- Lawyer Snapshot The Daily Record – Jacksonville, Florida
- Singing for the Dough The Daily Record – Jacksonville, Florida
Rose Marie K. Preddy is married to Lewis L. Preddy, Commander in the United States Navy. They have three children, Abraham 13, Sara 11 and Stephen 2 year of age. They have lived in Jacksonville since 1997.